Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Oscar Movies

My name is Ken Johnson. For this blog, I work hard in my classes and at my job, but I spend most of my spare time as a couch potato. I could be watching prime time television or cable, I could also be watching one of the many DVDs in my collection or I may just play video games. Whatever it is, you can bet a T.V. is involved, so that is what I have decided to write about.
Before the Academy Awards buzz completely died down, I wanted to watch a couple of the nominated movies that I missed. Yesterday I watched “Little Miss Sunshine” and “The Departed.”
“Little Miss Sunshine” was a decent film, unfortunately it wasn’t nearly as funny as I was led to believe. It certainly had its moments, and the cast did a fine job of portraying the dysfunctional family. It was not enough to impress me. I was disappointed with the plot more than anything else though. If the story was more interesting, the film could have gotten away with not being all that funny.
“The Departed” was a very different movie. The all-star cast did a top-notch job, but even lesser-known, mediocre actors probably could have succeeded with the plot of this film. Although not terribly original, the plot was interesting enough to keep my attention. The funny thing about “The Departed” was that it was one of the few movies that I liked even though I didn’t like any of the characters. From the cops/gangers to the two-timing girlfriend all of the characters were poor human beings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Klyde-Silverstein said...

I agree with you about "sunshine." I thought it was quite original but not a "best picture" film. Blog looks great.

March 6, 2007 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home